Free keyword research tool
Keyword research tools:
Keyword research tools are used for doing “keyword research” during SEO. According to SEO experts, keyword research is the primary key to your site’s ranking and development. And all the best things come at a price. And the paid “keyword research tools” are best when it comes to keyword researching.
There are a lot of paid research tools like “ahrefs” and many more. But still, few keyword research tools are free and even give you the best results. After using those tools and satisfied with the results, we have made this list of the best “free keyword research tools” on the internet.
Best free keyword research tools:
The below list shows you the best keyword research tools of 2020.
- Keyword Sheeter
- Answer the Public
- Keyword Surfer
- Google Trends
1. Keyword sheeter:
Keyword sheeter gives you autocomplete suggestions from Google. It gives you an idea about the essential and related keywords for your search query. This tool helps you to generate keywords fast. It can provide up to 1000 keywords per minute. The thing is, it’s a pretty essential keyword research tool. It doesn’t offer you data like search volume and trends. This tool’s key feature is that it has a positive and negative filter, which can minimize your results to a great extent, thus showing only necessary words.
2. Answer the Public
This keyword research tool gives you keywords in four different formats. They are:
- Related search.
Questions: This gives you the keywords and phrases containing the question words like how, why, when, and who. For example, let’s assume “best drone” is the keyword. The result shows, like, “which is the best drone in the USA,” “how much does the best drone cost.”
Comparison: This will show you a comparison between the keyword results. You can compare between drones like DJI and Parrot brands etc.
Alphabetical- This result will show you the keyword in alphabetical order. It will show you the keywords in every alphabet. It’s instrumental.
3. Keyword Surfer:
Keyword surfer is a free extension given by Google. It shows you the keyword search volume of 19 countries at present. You can also turn on and off the global search volume as per your needs. It also shows ten related keywords based on your search. But you can’t get bulk search results. Being said, that is not how the extension is designed. It can just give you a simplified overview of the keywords.
4. Google Trends:
Google trends is a handy keyword research tool. It shows you the trending of the specific keyword for a different period. This will help you to prepare and organize the content calendar. For example, if you want to know about a keyword and plan on writing a blog for the new year, you can search for the keyword and see its trend in January month. This will help you to update your content too. For example, if you are running a gadget review site, you can search for gadget names” like apple iPhone” and look at the trending time and update your site.
Questions is a simple keyword research tool that generally shows you the “question keywords.” The source of the result is based on the 43 million problems from Reddit. You can sort your questions in popular and new ways. You can also download the search results in CSV format. This is great for SEO beginners. Right now, their source is Reddit. But they are planning to extend their research sources in the future.
What is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is a cycle of finding and deciding the most important keywords for a given site’s destinations. All in all, it’s finding not just the keywords you need to rank for yet, also the ones you should rank for (what individuals who need what you have to bring to the table look for). Appropriately done, keyword research likewise yields the subjects for which you should make content on your site.
When you do keyword research, you know about the phrases and contents the audience is looking for. As a site owner, giving the audience what they are looking for should be the primary task. While researching and finding keywords and analyzing them, you will come across some keywords that have nothing to do with the site’s content. Those keywords are called negative keywords.
For example, you want to develop a review site for generators and UPS, and you search for the keyword generator in the ahrefs tool. You will come across keywords like” meme generator” and “password generator,” which has nothing to do with generators. These keywords don’t help your site’s development. So as a keyword analyst and SEO expert, you should know about the keywords that have a value for our site and negative keywords.
Ahrefs keyword research tool- The best-paid research tool:
Ahrefs is one of the most widely used paid research tools for keyword research. It gives you the best results in the keyword research field. Now let us know how a keyword research tool works. The below steps give you an idea of how the keyword research tool works.
- Keyword difficulty tells us about the problem of ranking that specific keyword. If you are a new site and the keyword you are researching has 40 and above keyword difficulty, it will be hard for you to rank for that keyword. That’s why for new site developers, long-tail keywords can be helpful as they have low keyword difficulty making them easier to organize.
- While searching for the keyword, you should give the country name because keywords and their problem differ from country to country. After searching for the keyword, you will have the volume data. The volume data refers to the number of search volumes in the given area at a specific time frame. These data tell you the number of searches the keyword has. The global work speaks about the total number of inquiries from every country.
- Below you will have some keywords with similar terms. If you search for the best drones, you will get similar keywords like the best drone for money, best drone with camera, best beginner drone, and so on. These are some of the relatable keywords which can be used for your website’s ranking.
- You will also get some questions for your keyword, which can be used for your site’s FAQ. If you search for “best drones,” you will get questions like “what is the best drone for money,” “what is the best drone with a camera,” etc. These questions will also help you in the ranking factor.
- The main thing to note down is the DR (Domain rating). This determines your site’s strength and the capacity to rank them. You should also check the backlinks column. The number of backlinks will tell you how authoritative and authentic your site is. Gaining a higher domain rating is also a crucial way for your website ranking.
Like I said earlier, the paid research tools like ahrefs and semrush will give you the best results, whereas free keyword tools are necessary. But if you are a beginner and don’t want to spend much before knowing about keyword research, the free keyword research tools mentioned above will help you with your SEO.